Volunteers are our most valuable resource! At the Sanctuary, we always are looking for dedicated, cat-loving friends who can help out any or every day of the week:
WITH THE ANIMALS
- Take a weekly/bi-weekly shift at the center, to help to care for our large crew
- Refresh water bowls
- Brush cats to keep them looking their best for adoptions
- Be a Cat Cuddler – help socialize the center cats
- Clean cages, help with laundry or clean litter boxes (a glamorous job)
- Transport cats to and from vet visits
- Foster a shelter cat in your own home, see more on fostering here.
IN THE OFFICE
- Facilitate behind the scenes with phone calls, answering emails, paperwork maintenance and data entry
- Help create posters, flyers and advertising collateral that gets the word out about our adoptable cats
- Snap cute photos and write clever bios for adoption ads
- Get involved with fundraising: grant writing, sponsorships and corporate donations
IN THE COMMUNITY
- Become an Adoption Counselor to find FURRever homes for our kitties
- Help spread the word about the Sanctuary to new volunteers
- Prepare cats and supplies for adoption events
- Transport cats/kittens to and from adoption locations
- Aid with clean up at CCC post-adoption events.
For more information on volunteering, email email@example.com or call 860-219-9396 fill out our application here!