July 14, 2018
Lawrence D. McHugh Hall (formerly Laurel Hall) | UConn | Storrs, CT 06269
We are so excited to partner with CT Humane Society to bring Hannah Shaw of Kitten Lady, a fantastic animal advocate and humane educator to Uconn on July 14th.
This event is SOLD OUT — you can register for the Wait List here: bit.ly/KittenLadyinCT
This is a fun one-day seminar focused on saving the two most at-risk feline populations: neonatal kittens, and community cats. Hosted by Connecticut Humane Society and Connecticut Cat Connection, this all day event will feature two sessions with Hannah Shaw, also known as Kitten Lady.
We’ll start with a two hour “Community Cats 101” workshop from 11:30-1:30, which will cover:
- Background information about community cats, their behavior, and their needs
- Detailed information about why and how TNR saves cats’ and kittens’ lives
- Step-by-step instructions on how to safely and humanely trap cats and kittens
- How to handle various scenarios including moms with babies, friendly cats, feral kittens, and more
- How to provide effective and positive ongoing care to a colony of cats
- …and much more, including demonstrations, Q&A, and fun + inspiring videos and content to get you ready to save lives!
We’ll take a 1 hour lunch from 1:30-2:30, during which you can leave to grab a snack, or stick around and watch kitten videos on the screen and mingle with local advocates.
In the afternoon, we’ll reconvene for part two “Tiny But Mighty” from 2:30 – 4:30.
During Tiny but Mighty Hannah will discuss her adventures in animal advocacy and fostering!
Sponsorships and Raffle Prizes provided by: